At Home Fitness Ideas and Gears
Consistency is more important than perfection. It’s easy said than done.
Under the current outbreak of the Coronavirus, that brings impact on everyone globally. We are spending more time at home due to social distancing. People are recommended to stay home, work at home, stop eating out, stop gathering with friends………….majority of the shops are closed including gym (well, my favorite place).
No matter you are a gym regular or not, we are tackling it for you. We are giving you many At Home Fitness Ideas and Gears here. Hope to inspire you to have your time better spent and well invest in your own health and fitness, more so……stay beautiful for ladies as you see we have some interesting pages covering skin and hair care tips.
Stay tuned, and be loaded with positive energies and good vibes. We assure you a total well-being!!!!
How to Fight the Stubborn Belly Fat
My first piece of advice for you is “You can expect a 6-pack abs” if you are committing to doing abs exercise 30 minutes every day for at least 30 days consecutively.
Don’t be upset if you can’t, you can still expect a flat tummy by doing below:
- Cut down or even quit sugar (e.g., cut those sodas, drink sugarless beverages)
- Cut down on fat consumption (e.g., grill and steam are better options than deep-fried; beef and chicken are better than pork)
- Cut down or better quit snacks and candies (e.g., all kinds of crisps, popcorn, chocolates, the list goes on….)
- Reduce carb consumption (e.g., sweetcorn and potatoes are good source of carb, if you have to take bread choose whole wheat). Carb consumption is recommended before exercise, it’s OK to skip carb on the day without exercise
- Eat only when you need to and eat smaller portion every time
- You need to have 50% of fiber (green veggies) & 30% of proteins (fish, eggs, chicken breasts, etc) in your daily diet.
- Do abs exercise every day, ideally 2 to 3 times a day, 10-15 minutes each (i.e., only up to 30-45 minutes per day, easy task)
- Cardio exercise will contribute to fat burning, thus reduce belly & overall body fat. However, it is advised to control calories intake in order to achieve this.
Work on your core strength
Our core is our utmost important support system, the center of our body, it plays a major role in our daily activities, strong core muscle helps to improve balance and stability, improve our posture and harmonize hips and abdomen movement. So having a strong core is beneficial to us because it allows our body to function properly.
These are some good core exercise recommendations.
- V sit with both hands extend out forward (for a more advanced version, you may lower and lift one leg at a time as the other leg remains up high, then change leg)
- L sit on the floor or on your yoga mat, bend your legs, put your palms on your tummy or by your ears. Gradually lower your upper body by engaging your core, don’t hunch, slightly hollow your back until you reach a level that you feel your tummy shakes, hold it there for a moment. Repeat.
- Lay down straight on the floor or on your yoga mat and face upward, raise your legs and point your toes at the ceiling. Engage your core muscles and start to lower one leg and return to the air alternatively. Repeat.
Plank – A good pose to build overall strength
Plank pose has many benefits, it not only work on your core but basically the whole body. Plank strengthens your spine, your rhomboids and trapezius, and your abdominal muscles, which naturally result in a strong posture as they grow in strength. If you have to choose only 1 exercise to work on every day, plank pose would be the best of all. You will see amazing result if you plank 5 minutes every day for 30 days consecutively,
Here are some notes to take for a correct planking posture
- Use a yoga mat as it provides more padding for your elbows
- Start with a cat cow pose (yoga), i.e., bull riding pose that daddies do
- Rest your forearms on the mat (elbows are as wide as your shoulders)
- Keep your upper arms straight, i.e, elbows and shoulders are positioned on a straight line for both arms
- Extend and straighten your legs one by one, keep sole of the foot straight
- Keep your spine straight. Do not arch your back or sagging your hips
- Neck should be in line with your body, not tilted
- Keep breathing in and out with a relaxing rythum
- Hold this position for as long as possible, then rest and repeat
As you body strength improves, your posture and physique will be too. Try harder!
Couch exercise – as you watch TV
We don’t want to keep you too busy doing home fitness workouts that will do no benefit but will erode your passion fairly soon. We want to keep you motivated by suggesting some great couch exercise so you could enjoy TV time, reading time, family time whilst at the same time working on your health & fitness goals.
Please be seated and now…… Start! (all of these exercises start with the sitting position)
- Russian twist. Lift your knees to the tummy level, lean slightly backward (don’t hunch) and cross your arms in front of your chest. Engage your core muscle then start to twist your upper body (not your arms) to the right and then left slowly. Do this for 30 times both sides, then rest and repeat.
- Couch bike. Sit on the edge of your couch, slightly lean backwards, engage your core and lift your legs. Now perform the spinning motion in the air. Do this for 30 times both sides, then rest and repeat.
Set a Goal
When you feel like giving up, remember why you started. It’s OK to adjust your goal down the journey, we are human and there is no point for anyone to add hard times to life. It’s not a healthy sign and this is the last thing we want to see. Every body is different, it’s OK to go at your own pace. Remember, workout is an excellent habit and your body will thank you for this.